National Trauma Survivor Day! #IamTraumaAware) to lift up trauma survivors and highlight resources for those who are experiencing trauma—due especially to the pandemic.
Trauma can impact the mental and physical health of our communities, for all Californian young and old.
Mental Health Check:
- Rate your mood from 1-10
- What mental health symptoms are your experiencing? Do you know the triggers? How are you managing it?
- What is taking up most of your headspace today?
- What is something you can do today to show yourself love and care?
- What can you do today that will bring you joy?
- What were some challenges?
- How did you handle them?
- What is something you don’t want to forget about today?
- Create an affirmation for yourself today.
- Tenderness is not a weakness.
- You are not your worst moment.
- Healing is not linear. There will be good days and bad days.
- Be gentle with yourself.
- Prioritize your peace.
- In a world that can be cruel, choose to be kind.
- Self-Care is not selfish.
- When was the last time you checked in with yourself?
- What are five things you are grateful for today?
- How do you manage your triggers?
- What are five things that ground yourself in the present?
- How can you show yourself some love?
- How can you show yourself the same compassion you show others?