Acupuncture can reduce the pain in your knees. We are seeing many patients with different knee conditions such as: Arthritis, meniscus tear and post knee replacement surgery. Most patients report some pain relief following their acupuncture treatments. Acupuncture is more commonly recommended rather than major surgery. Many researchers have said, acupuncture is highly effective, also known as the most conservative form to cure knee pain.
- Over extension
- ACL injuries (complementary)
- Fractures (complementary)
- Torn Meniscus
- Knee bursitis
- Particular Tendinitis
During an acupuncture treatment patient might feel a slight discomfort at first but it usually goes away quickly. Patient should always communicate with the medical provider if there is any discomfort.
Some light side effects were reported from the treatments.
- Slight Soreness after the treatment. It usually lasts for 24 hours and then the patient feels better.
- Fatigue or feeling relaxed.
- mild bruising after treatment.
- A feeling of light-headedness and dizziness: we always recommend to eat something before the therapy.
- Slight painless twitching of muscles.
There are a lot of risks that can be observed from a surgery and some patients never recover.
Acupunture has a high success rate and the risks are extremely rare. Sometimes, surgery is the only possible option but it is important to remember that acupuncture can help with the post surgical recovery.