There are many pressure points that can be used to treat a neck pain and there are many conditions that caused a neck pain. Pressure points need to be used according to the condition diagnosed to receive the maximum effect. We sometimes use a technique called shiatsu to treat the pain.
Causes of Neck Pain:
- Awkward sleeping position
- An accident that caused a whiplash
- Neck sprain
- Strain caused by overexertion of the neck
- Stimulating the acupressure points helps to release all the stress and tension in the area being massaged.
- As soon as you release the pressure from the acupoints, you will experience a reduction of the symptoms.
- Acupressure involves slow, rhythmic, and deep breathing, which helps to decrease stress as well.
Acute neck pain is typically caused by tight muscles. A muscle becomes sore or tight when it is enduring some form of physical or mental stress. The normal cycle of contraction and relaxation becomes affected inducing a restriction of the normal blood flow to the area. Acupressure and acupuncture can help resolve those issues.